Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WG K7500 width pot  (Read 1198 times)

mclovin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 18, 2023, 12:53:29 pm
  • GT newbie
WG K7500 width pot
« on: March 13, 2019, 01:09:48 pm »
Hello, just trying to adjust the width on a k7500 and when I adjust the pot on the remote board, it doesn’t do anything. Just wondering if I should replace the pot before doing a cap kit?

If so does anyone know what type of pot I need to purchase? Thanks

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:51:50 am
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: WG K7500 width pot
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 10:20:13 pm »
nope. i can count on one hand the number of pots i've replaced...and it was because they got dropped and broken. some of the REALLY old u series and 7400 chassis had substandard pots that need replacing, but the 7500 should be just fine.

replace big non-polar cap, its like 2.2uf 50 volts...something like that. that's the main culprit for no width adjustment. but you may as well change them all.

mclovin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 18, 2023, 12:53:29 pm
  • GT newbie
Re: WG K7500 width pot
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 10:36:05 am »
Yup that seems to have done it. The bipolar 10uf 50v was measuring over 14uf. Oddly enough I measured the 5k pot and it didn’t appear to be working on the bench but I put everything back and it’s good now.