Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Groovymame & CRT emudrive install  (Read 1752 times)

aj8302

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2020, 08:48:34 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Groovymame & CRT emudrive install
« on: March 02, 2019, 10:25:19 am »
Hi guys and gals. So I recently started working in my first arcade with original CRT. I was just going to replace it with something newer since I didn’t even know if the crt worked and didn’t feel like messing with all the software to use it with my pc. Long story short I figured it out plugged my pic to the crt and the thing fired right up and I had my pic running on the crt at 15khz. Now that I know it works I want to install the games and a front end but I don’t want to have to do it on the crt since it’s in the garage and it’s called ass hell lol. In the tutorial for installing crt emudrive at the end it tells me to go to VMMaker to enable edid emulation it wants me to select Arcade 15.7 kHz a few other things and then hit done my lcd turns if I then plug it in to the crt and it works. Is there a way to go back to that and select the 60khz option so I can use my lcd again?

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:26:05 am
  • Quote me with care
Re: Groovymame & CRT emudrive install
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 05:40:42 am »
Just disable EDID emulation from the same place you had enabled it first.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

aj8302

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2020, 08:48:34 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 10:43:38 am »
Didn’t get to try that I went to start up the pc and somehow it was back to normal kHz and everything I did with VMMaker and the crt emudriver was undone. Any idea what could have caused it?

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 06:31:30 pm »
If you mean before windows loads you're getting higher scanrate video modes (31kHz+ resolutions) - that's normal. As windows boots it hands control of the display to crt_emudriver. Before that handover occurs, video modes are pulled from the bios of your graphics card, and those are not 15kHz by default. If you're using a desktop card you can look into Atom15, also by calamity. But search on here first to see if anyone is having an issue with Atom15 on your card, some work and some don't. Atom15 patches the bios of your GPU to only allow 15kHz modes. Or higher if you choose those.

If you mean once windows loads you're still not getting 15kHz, plug in your LCD and stop and disable the windows service called "AMD External Events Utility". And turn off fast startup in windows. Then go through VMM again and setup your modes, and now try restarting.

To use the LCD but leave the 15kHz modes in place, you can try simply plugging the LCD screen into a different port of your graphics card. If you have to use the same port as for your CRT, you will need to turn off edid_emulation as Calamity says.