Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Windows 10 - how to disable startup windows splash logo?  (Read 2029 times)

ahofle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2023, 05:10:22 pm
    • Arcade Ambience Project
Windows 10 - how to disable startup windows splash logo?
« on: February 26, 2019, 11:46:24 pm »
Has anyone successfully disabled the 1024x768 black screen with the Windows logo on it during Windows 10 bootup?  I've tried checking the 'No GUI Boot' in msconfig which seems to be what everyone suggests, but it still shows up.

zerochad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 20, 2024, 10:13:25 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • C D C R U Z E
Re: Windows 10 - how to disable startup windows splash logo?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 06:25:11 pm »
Follow this guide. https://imgur.com/a/r5VGf. Just ignore the last step. That last one is if you want your Frontend to start up straight away instead of the usual Windows explorer.
This will hide Windows 10 completely during boot up, all you will see is black until you reach the desktop.

cdcruze.com / emulation & arcade tutorials

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 06:26:57 pm »
Follow this guide. https://imgur.com/a/r5VGf. Just ignore the last step. That last one is if you want your Frontend to start up straight away instead of the usual Windows explorer.
This will hide Windows 10 completely during boot up, all you will see is black until you reach the desktop.

Awesome.

Oh wait, does that only work with Win 10 ENT? Or with all versions of Win 10?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 06:29:16 pm by buttersoft »

zerochad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 20, 2024, 10:13:25 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • C D C R U Z E
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 12:55:00 am »

Awesome.

Oh wait, does that only work with Win 10 ENT? Or with all versions of Win 10?

At the time of writing ENT was needed but if you get Pro 1807, it should have those options now.

You can run Windows 10 Pro "Eval" for as long as you like as far as I know, it will have a watermark in the corner but I think that's about it. I've had mine in my cab for at least 3 months now and had no nag screens.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 01:07:52 am by zerochad »
cdcruze.com / emulation & arcade tutorials

ahofle

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2023, 05:10:22 pm
    • Arcade Ambience Project
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 12:10:23 am »
Thanks for this...I tried all but the last step...looks like it scrapped the windows logo, but still seems to put the monitor into a 1024x768 or higher blank black screen.   :cry: