Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: A new way to create LEDBlinky Animations  (Read 4192 times)

Gilrock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 05:15:46 pm
A new way to create LEDBlinky Animations
« on: February 03, 2019, 05:21:01 pm »
I just got LEDBlinky running on my control panel yesterday.   As I was playing with the animation editor I realized I could probably use the xLights program I'm a developer for to create animations that run with LEDBlinky.  So I spent a few hours this morning and I already have it working.  As we do with our Christmas shows it allows you to create effects at more of a macro level instead of setting individual channels although that is still an option.  I made a video that shows how I did it.  If folks are interested I can polish it up and add it as a feature to xLights.  You'll see me use a 3D model of my control panel but that is optional you could still do everything I did without the 3D model.  I don't know all the hardware codes or other details of the animation file format (.lwax) files so currently its hard-coded and works with my Ultimarc Ultimate I/O board.  I'd need input from others or the LEDBlinky author to know how to make it flexible enough for everyone.

brandonled

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 25, 2019, 04:15:49 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: A new way to create LEDBlinky Animations
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 04:40:07 pm »
Found this post and wanted to follow up.  It looks like this support made it into 2019.10 xlights conversion tool but I couldn't locate any additional information about what level of support is there and what LED Controllers would be supported (Your video mentions it used hard coded ultimate IO board information).  I was quite delighted to see you were working on this support and wanted more information.  Thanks.  (Tried to PM you but that's disabled???)

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:46:32 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 04:54:19 pm »
Tried to PM you but that's disabled???
First post approved.  Your PMs are now enabled.   :cheers:

Scott

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 05:10:15 pm »
Found this post and wanted to follow up.  It looks like this support made it into 2019.10 xlights conversion tool but I couldn't locate any additional information about what level of support is there and what LED Controllers would be supported (Your video mentions it used hard coded ultimate IO board information).  I was quite delighted to see you were working on this support and wanted more information.  Thanks.  (Tried to PM you but that's disabled???)

Its in xLights official release now.  Its been awhile since I added it but I believe its under the Export Model option when you right click the row heading for a model.  I kinda did it mainly as a technical challenge because I don't find myself really wanting to create a bunch of animations.  It works with the Ultimate IO board cause that's all I own.  Let me know what you were looking for.  If you don't know the xLights program it can be a bit a learning curve because it has tons of features to create professional level light shows.

sorli

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2022, 06:50:15 am
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 10:02:59 pm »
Any new information about using xlights to output animations for the Ultimarc Ultimate IO? Do you have any website or forum link I can reference using your code ideas and addons? Thanks Sorli

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2020, 10:44:08 am »
Any new information about using xlights to output animations for the Ultimarc Ultimate IO? Do you have any website or forum link I can reference using your code ideas and addons? Thanks Sorli

I haven't created anything new.  There is a ton of xLights information including forums and Facebook groups just goto xlights.org.  You will be hard-pressed to find any users that use this feature though but its really just an extra format for exporting so if you learn any method for exporting effects on a model you can just pick the LEDBlinky animation type for the export.  I had one other person here that got it working.  Its kind of a learning curve to learn xLights so I really don't expect anyone to invest that amount of time just to create some animations.

sorli

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2022, 06:50:15 am
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2020, 02:25:36 pm »

I haven't created anything new.  There is a ton of xLights information including forums and Facebook groups just goto xlights.org.  You will be hard-pressed to find any users that use this feature though but its really just an extra format for exporting so if you learn any method for exporting effects on a model you can just pick the LEDBlinky animation type for the export.  I had one other person here that got it working.  Its kind of a learning curve to learn xLights so I really don't expect anyone to invest that amount of time just to create some animations.
Thanks

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

wtstreetglow

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2024, 05:00:14 pm
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2023, 03:46:46 pm »

@Gilrock. I would also like to use xLights to program a few sequences for my control panel but would like to be able to use the sequence with LEDBlinky. I am reasonably familiar with xLights but have no experience with LEDBlinky as I have just recently built by arcade unit.

I have the PAC64LED rgb controller from ultimarc rather than the ultimate. Can you tell me if the process spoken of there will work with the PAC64LED.

I haven't watched your video just yet but am planning on it shortly and just wanted to get a little diaglogue from someone such as yourself-- much more knowledgeable than myself in both subjects spoken of here (xLights/ LED Blinky).

Thank you again for any guidance you can give as a start on this process!

-Weston