Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Trackball only moves so far  (Read 2676 times)

graffitiseries

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2019, 11:18:17 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Trackball only moves so far
« on: January 24, 2019, 11:17:02 pm »
Im running retro-pie on Linux and I have the mouse working in mame 2003 and 2010 but the issue is the when I move the mouse to the right or left it stops like it hits a wall.  I have to move the mouse back in the other direction to get it to move again.  I was thinking it was the trackball but the mouse it self does the exact same thing. In World Class Bowling under the service menu I can see the controls and watch the track ball move then stop and not go any further in that direction.  Any Ideas?

ark_ader

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
Re: Trackball only moves so far
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 05:51:22 am »
Im running retro-pie on Linux and I have the mouse working in mame 2003 and 2010 but the issue is the when I move the mouse to the right or left it stops like it hits a wall.  I have to move the mouse back in the other direction to get it to move again.  I was thinking it was the trackball but the mouse it self does the exact same thing. In World Class Bowling under the service menu I can see the controls and watch the track ball move then stop and not go any further in that direction.  Any Ideas?

Have you calibrated it in Mame?  Dial and Analogue?
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.