Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Seeking advice on PC input methods (Gimx, VJoy etc...)  (Read 2329 times)

68hc11

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 13, 2019, 12:18:47 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Seeking advice on PC input methods (Gimx, VJoy etc...)
« on: December 29, 2018, 12:11:40 am »
So I  have a 2 PCB Immersion board running and added the pedals to a Ultimarc APAC.  This will map easily to M2 and SuperModel 3 as these programs handle multiple HID/USB devices.

I am finding that PC games and DeMul don't play nicely and would rather see a single controller.  And I still haven't spent much time with Teknoparrot yet.

I have had *some, limited* success using Vjoy & Universal Control Remapper to combine these inputs into a single virtual Joystick, but this breaks M2 & SuperModel.

I am curious if anyone has used the hardware solution, Gimix or something similar?

I am thinking  that emulating a G27 setup would be the best approach assuming that I can still get FFB out of some of the games.

Can anyone comment good/bad/different?  (I'm slowly tiring of throwing time & $$ at this cabinet)....oh my ultimate goal would be to play as many "Good Arcade Racing games(Daytona era to present)" as feasible.

Thanks in advance!
Calvin

rockyrocket

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2019, 02:13:03 pm
Re: Seeking advice on PC input methods (Gimx, VJoy etc...)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 02:13:37 pm »
Wow I have not posted here in years, but I may have a solution for you - maybe.
Joystick gremlin can leverage Vjoy to combine your axis into one device for the PC stuff, however it does not hide the original inputs from your other emulators.
My speculation is that you could bind your native inputs with vjoy turned off then turn vjoy back on and using a trick/workaround to get the PC games to bind to the vjoy outputs. 
Different genre but this video explains things better than me.
https://youtu.be/Rd3h2tWDGXU?t=285