Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rowe AMI TI-2 Selection Problem, Stop Paw's jumping selection pins, 1100 mech.  (Read 2194 times)

Mike In Jax

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2019, 10:34:02 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
HELP, HELP, HELP!
On my Rowe TI-2 I have an almost (9 out of 10 times) constant problem in the selection portion of the mech.
After selection is made (any and all selections) and the scan wheel plunges the pin through the pin wheel assembly , the now rotating Stop Switch Assembly locates the selected pin.
NOW what happens is the stop paw hits the pin, MOMENTARALLY tripping the stop micro switch ( I know this because at the same time the solenoid that pushes up the spindle try's to fire), instead of the paw staying on the pin, it jumps over the pin.

I have checked & cleaned all switchs, slip rings, wiper arms.  Also replaced both relays on the mech. 
AND IT'S DRIVING ME CARZY!!  lol

Can anyone help??  Thanks a lot & I hope everyone has a great holiday season.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 09:07:23 pm by Mike In Jax »

Mike In Jax

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2019, 10:34:02 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
With some very good help from a real juke box mechanic, (not me).
The main problem was a worn "sprag" gear in the "Magazine Motor Detent Assembly".  I found a good used one on line, replaced it and set the gap adjustment at .020,  Now it's working great,