Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: PatmanQC's History of Ninja gaiden part one  (Read 29535 times)

patmanqc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 11:24:56 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
PatmanQC's History of Ninja gaiden part one
« on: November 23, 2018, 08:56:28 pm »
From this point forward all of my video game documentaries will go in this thread. This week it's rampage I hope you enjoy it.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 09:21:55 am by patmanqc »

patmanqc

• Offline Offline
Re: PatmanQC's history of videogame documentaries thread
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 02:34:04 am »
The history of Mortal Kombat

patmanqc

• Offline Offline
Re: PatmanQC's history of videogame documentaries thread - Frogger
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 08:37:57 am »

patmanqc

• Offline Offline

patmanqc

• Offline Offline
300 views and literally no comments.

Perhaps nobody likes these videos?

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
I found them very relaxing and informative.

I have a real problem with insomnia recently, and I have tried all kinds of remedies.  I even tried reading several chapters on Java and the Raspberry Pi, and nothing worked.  I think I have a dud Pi.

Your videos did the trick.  After 10 minutes I was gone deep. and had a good 8 hours.  Please keep going and make some more.  I have told all my sleep deprived friends in tech support, and they think they are great too.  We are all very appreciative of your efforts and recent reviews on your channel do you justice.

Keep up the good work.   :cheers:
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:20:30 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 03:01:48 pm »

You say you want feedback, so here goes:

Your humor is off putting. You start off the MK "documentary" with a weak gay joke.
Big Trouble in little China wasn't a big influence on the game, Tobias wrote that although this movie "kind of Americanized my obsession for supernatural kung fu films from China, it was not my biggest influence. My biggest influences came from Tsui Hark films -- Zu Warriors & The Swordsman. We had to get them from bootleggers in Chicago's Chinatown." Raiden's look was somewhat inspired by Lightning, despite the completely different style of hat.

You didnt mention that John Vogel was an artist but mentioned what the other 3 did (omitting that Tobias was also a writer/in charge of story)
You say Mortal Kombat 1 has 7 characters, but it has 10 ;the 7 playable , the hidden player Reptile, Goro and Shang Tsung.
To fight reptile you have to be playing MK Rom version 3.0 or higher, and shadows on the pit stage are every 8 not every 6
Also to fight reptile, you can take damage, but if you do you have to lose the round. In Rom 5.0 you can use block during the fatality and still trigger the reptile fight
There was no need to talk about Barbarian at all. Talking about the cover made you sound like a ---smurfing--- creep.
Test your Might happened every 3 fights in single player mode, and every 5 fights in 2 player mode.
No mention of having to play 2 player fights to see diamond and ruby.
Johnny Cage is a PARODY of Van Damme and the whole situation, not an homage to him
No mention of Professor Eugene F. Provenzo during the senate hearings.
Daniel Pesina was not the only actor to sue midway games. Elizabeth Malecki  sued later with actors from the MKII game, but she was the original Sonya!
You showed the whole MK commercial for some reason
more poop jokes
followed up by a middle finger joke
You lifted ALL the video of the console versions and didn't credit their creators. This is also where you sway very far away of "History of MK ARCADE" , a recurring theme in your videos

You make a myriad of claims Ive never heard before, like the fatalities being a "counter to the dizzy effect found in SFII" , Midway execs not thinking anyone would discover fatalities, only 1,000 MK cabs sold, etc
Do you have citation for anything?

SO MUCH INFO not covered, like the actors working at a gym local to Midway games Chicago.
That the Arcade PCB started off on Y Unit hardware but Version 5.0 was only available on T unit hardware.
No mention of the fairly recently discovered code that lets you into a hidden "EJB" operator menu using the control panel.
Pacman and ghosts hidden in the Palace gates stage (they appeared in MK3 as well).
No mention of the Turbo Ninja hacks for Y unit hardware.

Since you can't be convinced that your videos just aren't funny, can I at least convince you to fix your audio levels?
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline

Here's some more feedback:

The first serious Batman movie was in 1943 it introduced the Batcave!
Revolutionized the genre? This is about Final Fight not double dragon right?
You mispronounced Haggar , a lot.
All 3 playable characters have a throw
The deathblows do NOT knock all the opponents down
Andore's look *IS* based on Andre the Giant
CPS is colloquially referred to as CPS1 as to differentiate it from CPS2 hardware, this is a bit of a nitpick.
Your Roxy line about being sexy is super creepy
Capcom made her transgender because they felt players would feel bad beating up a woman.
The whole bit about naming it Street Fighter 89 right before the game show is abhorrently incorrect. The game STARTED as a sequel to street fighter at the game show vendors complained it was nothing like street fighter so it was renamed Final Fight.
Another video another gay joke.
*more* stolen YouTube footage without crediting the creator.
You dont even mention the missing stage in the SNES versions , or the fact they are incompleted coded into the game.
Final Fight Guy goes for about $200 , not exactly big money. Bootleg carts are readily available.
The Sega CD version was the best port available at the time, you later mention double impact but I didnt hear you mention the Capcom Classics Collections for XBOX or PS2 no Capcom Classics Collection Remixed for PSP.
No mention of Final Fight Revenge being released on Saturn despite using the Saturn box art.'
no mention of the upcoming Arcade1up cab
no mention of Haggar in other games like Saturday Night Slam Masters

So what little history of final fight you talk about in the video is incorrect except the poor translation of Guy's name.

patmanqc

• Offline Offline

Here's some more feedback:

The first serious Batman movie was in 1943 it introduced the Batcave!

The 1943 and 1949 Batman movies are made for kids, just like every other serialized movie of that era. The first serious Batman movie which is what I said was 1989
Revolutionized the genre? This is about Final Fight not double dragon right?

Did double Dragon have giant sprites? Did double Dragon have different move sets for players? Did double Dragon have six or seven characters on the screen without slowdown?
You mispronounced Haggar , a lot.
All 3 playable characters have a throw
The deathblows do NOT knock all the opponents down
Andore's look *IS* based on Andre the Giant
CPS is colloquially referred to as CPS1 as to differentiate it from CPS2 hardware, this is a bit of a nitpick.
Your Roxy line about being sexy is super creepy
Capcom made her transgender because they felt players would feel bad beating up a woman.
The whole bit about naming it Street Fighter 89 right before the game show is abhorrently incorrect. The game STARTED as a sequel to street fighter at the game show vendors complained it was nothing like street fighter so it was renamed Final Fight.
Another video another gay joke.
*more* stolen YouTube footage without crediting the creator.
You dont even mention the missing stage in the SNES versions , or the fact they are incompleted coded into the game.
Final Fight Guy goes for about $200 , not exactly big money. Bootleg carts are readily available.
The Sega CD version was the best port available at the time, you later mention double impact but I didnt hear you mention the Capcom Classics Collections for XBOX or PS2 no Capcom Classics Collection Remixed for PSP.
No mention of Final Fight Revenge being released on Saturn despite using the Saturn box art.'
no mention of the upcoming Arcade1up cab
no mention of Haggar in other games like Saturday Night Slam Masters

So what little history of final fight you talk about in the video is incorrect except the poor translation of Guy's name.
The 1943 and 1949 Batman movies are made for kids, just like every other serialized movie of that era. The first serious Batman movie which is what I said was 1989

Did double Dragon have giant sprites? Did double Dragon have different move sets for players? Did double Dragon have six or seven characters on the screen without slowdown?

I have heard Haggar's name pronounced exactly the way I said it.

If you would ever read interviews with Akira the creator of the game and not stick to strictly Wikipedia then you would understand where I get a lot of my info. The andore being based on his friend came straight from his mouth

There's no point trying to explain the joke about Roxy because you clearly don't get my humor

Again, you are incorrect about the final fight/streetfighter legacy.….Unless the developer Akira is once again lying in his interviews

I will do a better job in the future of crediting YouTube footage, fair enough

200 bucks is big money to some people

The reason I didn't mention the cameos is because people complained my videos are too long.

If you don't like my videos so much, why the hell you watching them?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 10:33:49 am by patmanqc »

patmanqc

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2018, 10:38:32 am »

You say you want feedback, so here goes:

Your humor is off putting. You start off the MK "documentary" with a weak gay joke.
Big Trouble in little China wasn't a big influence on the game, Tobias wrote that although this movie "kind of Americanized my obsession for supernatural kung fu films from China, it was not my biggest influence. My biggest influences came from Tsui Hark films -- Zu Warriors & The Swordsman. We had to get them from bootleggers in Chicago's Chinatown." Raiden's look was somewhat inspired by Lightning, despite the completely different style of hat.

You didnt mention that John Vogel was an artist but mentioned what the other 3 did (omitting that Tobias was also a writer/in charge of story)
You say Mortal Kombat 1 has 7 characters, but it has 10 ;the 7 playable , the hidden player Reptile, Goro and Shang Tsung.
To fight reptile you have to be playing MK Rom version 3.0 or higher, and shadows on the pit stage are every 8 not every 6
Also to fight reptile, you can take damage, but if you do you have to lose the round. In Rom 5.0 you can use block during the fatality and still trigger the reptile fight
There was no need to talk about Barbarian at all. Talking about the cover made you sound like a ---smurfing--- creep.
Test your Might happened every 3 fights in single player mode, and every 5 fights in 2 player mode.
No mention of having to play 2 player fights to see diamond and ruby.
Johnny Cage is a PARODY of Van Damme and the whole situation, not an homage to him
No mention of Professor Eugene F. Provenzo during the senate hearings.
Daniel Pesina was not the only actor to sue midway games. Elizabeth Malecki  sued later with actors from the MKII game, but she was the original Sonya!
You showed the whole MK commercial for some reason
more poop jokes
followed up by a middle finger joke
You lifted ALL the video of the console versions and didn't credit their creators. This is also where you sway very far away of "History of MK ARCADE" , a recurring theme in your videos

You make a myriad of claims Ive never heard before, like the fatalities being a "counter to the dizzy effect found in SFII" , Midway execs not thinking anyone would discover fatalities, only 1,000 MK cabs sold, etc
Do you have citation for anything?

SO MUCH INFO not covered, like the actors working at a gym local to Midway games Chicago.
That the Arcade PCB started off on Y Unit hardware but Version 5.0 was only available on T unit hardware.
No mention of the fairly recently discovered code that lets you into a hidden "EJB" operator menu using the control panel.
Pacman and ghosts hidden in the Palace gates stage (they appeared in MK3 as well).
No mention of the Turbo Ninja hacks for Y unit hardware.

Since you can't be convinced that your videos just aren't funny, can I at least convince you to fix your audio levels?

Do you think people want to hear about the entire technical history of a videogame? I never said it was the complete history, just a brief mini documentary which is what I give. They don't really care about the actors or where they were working out at anything like that. BTW, the dizzy effect reasoning for the fatalities came from John Tobias. Look it up. Which is what I did when I researched the game.
People complain my videos go too long so I try to keep it about the 12 to 13 minutes mark.

Out of the 450 subscribers I have heard two complaints about the humor. I think you're in the tiny minority.

If you don't like my videos please don't watch and please don't subscribe. Thanks for watching/.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:58:57 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
So wait, you complain you’re not getting any comments, then when you get feedback you tell the commenter not to watch...? That’s not how it works.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

patmanqc

• Offline Offline
So wait, you complain you’re not getting any comments, then when you get feedback you tell the commenter not to watch...? That’s not how it works.

What I said was, if you didn't like my videos why are you watching?

yotsuya

• Offline Offline

What I said was, if you didn't like my videos why are you watching?

I think he watched them to give you the feedback you requested.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
You asked for feedback, I provided it.

We'll counter MK first:
Yes, when people click a video that says "The History of the Mortal Kombat Arcade" I believe its fair to say they expect someone to talk about the history of the game.
The actors getting hired because they worked down the street from midway is the exact kind of info one would expect.
Tobias said he didn't like the free hit during the game but wanted the victor to earn it. That's a very long stretch to say the fatality is a counter to the dizzy effect.
I didn't complain about the length of your videos, 10-13 minutes is a good length.

Now Final Fight:
Have you watched the 1943 film series? Its better than Batman Forever. Maybe "big budget Hollywood" film is better verbiage since the 1943, 1946, and 1966 Batman movies were not big budget hollywood offerings.
Double Dragon had smaller sprites that Final Fight, but was much more innovative, numerous special moves for each player and the end boss was the other player in a 2 player game.
Speaking of slow down and few characters on screen.... no mention that the SNES version could only have 3 enemies on screen at a time.
I base Haggar's pronunciation on the katakana spelling and his Scottish decent, and how Ive heard pretty much everyone else pronounce it.
Anadore's NAME is based on his friend. Unless you're implying there was 7'4" 520lb Japanese guy and completely discount the Andre/Hulk easter egg from SF3
I don't need you to explain the "joke" about Roxy, it just came across as creepy.
I know a ton about the CPS1 system (you don't even mention Final Fight ran on the 10MHz version and it was later upgraded to 12HMz) and a ton about Final Fight. I don't rely on wikipedia
$200 is about 4x the retail value of the game at the time it was released. I don't mean to imply that $200 isn't a chunk of change, but there are NES carts that go for over $2,000. Perhaps it'd be better to say "this game can currently fetch over $200!"
Haggar, Cody, and guy all were later playable in SFA3, that's a neat fact you should have included. That let's you segue  into Street Fighters making cameos in Final Fight games, like Chun Li in FF2 (and shes in the crowd in SlamMasters as well)
You asked for feedback so I took the time to watch 2 videos and jot down some notes. I didnt go troll your videos or act like a shitcock I was trying to help you out.
It is extremely odd that you complain that you didnt get feedback and then complain when you do get feedback.

I do appreciate you keeping all the videos in a single thread, so that already makes you better than some other people.
Pick and choose what feedback of mine you care to listen to , that's fine, but Im not going to apologize because you were offended by me trying to help.

patmanqc

• Offline Offline
You asked for feedback, I provided it.

We'll counter MK first:
Yes, when people click a video that says "The History of the Mortal Kombat Arcade" I believe its fair to say they expect someone to talk about the history of the game.
The actors getting hired because they worked down the street from midway is the exact kind of info one would expect.
Tobias said he didn't like the free hit during the game but wanted the victor to earn it. That's a very long stretch to say the fatality is a counter to the dizzy effect.
I didn't complain about the length of your videos, 10-13 minutes is a good length.

Now Final Fight:
Have you watched the 1943 film series? Its better than Batman Forever. Maybe "big budget Hollywood" film is better verbiage since the 1943, 1946, and 1966 Batman movies were not big budget hollywood offerings.
Double Dragon had smaller sprites that Final Fight, but was much more innovative, numerous special moves for each player and the end boss was the other player in a 2 player game.
Speaking of slow down and few characters on screen.... no mention that the SNES version could only have 3 enemies on screen at a time.
I base Haggar's pronunciation on the katakana spelling and his Scottish decent, and how Ive heard pretty much everyone else pronounce it.
Anadore's NAME is based on his friend. Unless you're implying there was 7'4" 520lb Japanese guy and completely discount the Andre/Hulk easter egg from SF3
I don't need you to explain the "joke" about Roxy, it just came across as creepy.
I know a ton about the CPS1 system (you don't even mention Final Fight ran on the 10MHz version and it was later upgraded to 12HMz) and a ton about Final Fight. I don't rely on wikipedia
$200 is about 4x the retail value of the game at the time it was released. I don't mean to imply that $200 isn't a chunk of change, but there are NES carts that go for over $2,000. Perhaps it'd be better to say "this game can currently fetch over $200!"
Haggar, Cody, and guy all were later playable in SFA3, that's a neat fact you should have included. That let's you segue  into Street Fighters making cameos in Final Fight games, like Chun Li in FF2 (and shes in the crowd in SlamMasters as well)
You asked for feedback so I took the time to watch 2 videos and jot down some notes. I didnt go troll your videos or act like a shitcock I was trying to help you out.
It is extremely odd that you complain that you didnt get feedback and then complain when you do get feedback.

I do appreciate you keeping all the videos in a single thread, so that already makes you better than some other people.
Pick and choose what feedback of mine you care to listen to , that's fine, but Im not going to apologize because you were offended by me trying to help.
The production values were horrible on the 1943 Batman serial. Yes it introduced the bat–cave and bat–signal to the Batman mythos but again, it was made for kids. Batman had just an ordinary vehicle for the Batmobile. Batman forever wasn't bad, I actually liked it more than Batman returns but I hated all the little jokes. But I'm getting off track.
I did not mention the super NES having slowdown because I was talking about the arcade game.
Potato – po–tat–0 when it comes to Hagar's name
I never said his friend was 7 foot 4 and 500+ pounds. Just that his friends name was andore.
You are right, 200 bucks is not big-money to some people. My bad.
I only know of the CPS one board and the games that ran on it because it was one of the first emulators I was using back in the late 90s. Don't know anything about the technical aspects of it. Did not think it's relevant that it ran at 10 MHz
I don't rely on Wikipedia either, which is why I get a lot of my info that other people don't. On each one of my videos I have been in touch with at least one of the developers. I also have extensive retro gaming magazine collection dating back to I think 1981. I also have a bunch of modern retro game magazines as well as Japanese import mags.
Again, I've had people complained that my videos went too long which is why I didn't include a lot of the things I didn't feel were necessary.
And I wasn't complaining, I just thought it was odd that with 300+ views in my thread nobody had said anything good or bad. I figured if nobody likes them I'll stop posting here.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
For 1943, they weren't terrible :)

When you start talking about the ports its fine to mention stuff like characters on screen and missing levels, just like you mentioned a missing character and missing two player mode.

As for CPS1, while it might not matter that Final Fight ran on the 10HMz board I think its relevant to say that Capcom did port the game to the CPS Changer system (one of only 11 games) , which was the home console version of the CPS arcade hardware.

patmanqc

• Offline Offline
For 1943, they weren't terrible :)

When you start talking about the ports its fine to mention stuff like characters on screen and missing levels, just like you mentioned a missing character and missing two player mode.

As for CPS1, while it might not matter that Final Fight ran on the 10HMz board I think its relevant to say that Capcom did port the game to the CPS Changer system (one of only 11 games) , which was the home console version of the CPS arcade hardware.

Looks pretty terrible to me..… Loved it as a kid though.

patmanqc

• Offline Offline
Re: PatmanQC's history of videogame documentaries thread -History of APB
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2019, 01:04:44 am »

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2019, 11:25:29 am »
I like your videos. But I dont know a lot about the history of the arcade games, I still find your videos enjoyable.
Just for grins and giggles:
I grew up in the 60's and my very first time at playing a "real" arcade machine was in a convenient store in a city 30 miles form my home town.
Year was 1976 or 1977 (maybe 78). I had some friends that after HS graduation attended a college (WKU), and one weekend they were home and we all got together and drove to the big city to check out the night life.
We stopped at the convenience store got gas and some cold drinks.
They had a brightly lit Galaga cabinet and it caught my eye. I must have put 4 or 5 quarters in it until my friends threatened to leave me if I didnt come on.
So the very first "real" arcade experience for this old man was Galaga.
A few years earlier I had a ping pong/ hockey game that plugged into the TV. It had dials for paddle controls.
It was a huge panel and the graphics were very basic. The ball was actually square and the sounds it made were atrocious, but we loved it, and it didnt take long for my siblings and I to wear it out.
(I dissected it then and found there wasnt much to it in the way of parts.)

So from that ancient ping pong game to the Galaga was a big step for me. But it was like black and white TV compared to color. (Most of you guys probably dont remember having only a black and white TV).
Anyway, thats it for my useless dabble.
BTW, still waiting for history of Donkey Kong. (Galaga would be nice too).
Anyone else remember their very first "real" arcade game?

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2019, 12:53:18 pm »
I like your videos. But I dont know a lot about the history of the arcade games, I still find your videos enjoyable.
I grew up in the 60's and my very first time at playing a "real" arcade machine was in a convenient store in a city 30 miles form my home town.
Year was 1976 or 1977 (maybe 78). I had some friends that after HS graduation attended a college (WKU), and one weekend they were home and we all got together and drove to the big city to check out the night life.
They had a brightly lit Galaga cabinet and it caught my eye. I must have put 4 or 5 quarters in it until my friends threatened to leave me if I didnt come on.
A few years earlier I had a ping pong/ hockey game that plugged into the TV. It had dials for paddle controls.
It was a huge panel and the graphics were very basic. The ball was actually square and the sounds it made were atrocious, but we loved it, and it didnt take long for my siblings and I to wear it out.

So from that ancient ping pong game to the Galaga was a big step for me. But it was like black and white TV compared to color. (Most of you guys probably dont remember having only a black and white TV).

Are you sure it wasn't Galaxian?

Mine was Pong in 1977 in Shakeys Pizza.

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2019, 01:07:44 pm »
Im pretty sure it was galaga because I remember the insects coming down and the mother ship capturing my ship. Now I could be wrong, it wouldnt be the first time my memory has failed me, plus the year could have been 1980 or maybe spring of 81. My first marriage was in fall of 1981, and it was before that.

patmanqc

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2019, 09:19:34 pm »

Thanks for the kind words.

The first arcade game I can recall was a black-and-white bowling game that didn't even have a joystick. Ironically enough it was next to the men's room at a bowling alley. Since I essentially grew up in a bowling alley I thought this was very cool to see. This is probably 1975 or 1976

patmanqc

• Offline Offline
Re: PatmanQC's history of videogame documentaries thread -History of Robocop
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 01:53:25 am »

patmanqc

• Offline Offline

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.

Your video doesn't work and I want to go to sleep.  Please fix.

patmanqc

• Offline Offline

Your video doesn't work and I want to go to sleep.  Please fix.

It had to be something on your end because everything was fine over here

patmanqc

• Offline Offline
Re: PatmanQC's history of videogame documentaries thread - history of Rastan
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2019, 09:51:34 pm »

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2019, 04:57:02 pm »

One of my favorites. I just have to get past your pronunciation of Rastan.

patmanqc

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2019, 09:55:13 am »
am i not pronouncing it correctly? What is the correct pronunciation?

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Offline Offline
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2019, 01:15:14 pm »

I've always pronounced the first "A" like in "raw" - Rahs-tan.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2019, 02:46:09 pm »

But how do you say Haggar?  :cheers:

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2019, 07:04:45 pm »

Exactly. Raa-Stan for the win.

patmanqc

• Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2019, 12:19:07 am »
I have never heard it spoken before so I assumed that was the correct pronunciation.

patmanqc

• Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2019, 12:20:07 am »

You sonofabitch :-)

shponglefan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 15, 2022, 07:22:35 am
  • Correct horse battery staple
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2019, 05:51:58 pm »

Haw-ger.

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2019, 02:49:20 pm »
Rah-STAHN.

Haggar: Double-consonant equals short vowel sound. When I was a kid, I read Haggar the Horrible as HAEH-garr, though I recall my mom telling me it was HAEHger, like collar.

Since the names are not english, pronunciation is open.....but some sounds are pretty goofy to anyone with a sense of vocal tone and romance language. Patman is showing his domestic background here.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 02:52:35 pm by Mr. Peabody »

Ginsu Victim

• Offline Offline
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2019, 05:13:09 pm »

Like Haggar pants - Hay-gur

patmanqc

• Offline Offline
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2019, 02:41:42 am »
Rah-STAHN.

Haggar: Double-consonant equals short vowel sound. When I was a kid, I read Haggar the Horrible as HAEH-garr, though I recall my mom telling me it was HAEHger, like collar.

Since the names are not english, pronunciation is open.....but some sounds are pretty goofy to anyone with a sense of vocal tone and romance language. Patman is showing his domestic background here.

I'm from Illinois, essentially a hick from the sticks. What can I say?

patmanqc

• Offline Offline

Ginsu Victim

• Offline Offline
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
Rah-STAHN.

I'm from Illinois, essentially a hick from the sticks. What can I say?
I was born in Texas, raised in Oklahoma, so try again. :lol