Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: UK - Where can you find Arcade Cabinets?  (Read 3577 times)

EssexMame

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2023, 07:43:50 am
  • Mame Weekender
UK - Where can you find Arcade Cabinets?
« on: February 26, 2018, 05:08:23 am »
I've always struggled to find any sources of arcade cabinets in the UK. I mean really broken where I could use the cabinet/controls themselves or possibly working ones that I could restore as a simpler starting project to a full build.

It seems so much easier in the US but perhaps that is because most of the members here are in the US and I'm missing something UK-wise but all I have seen (e-bay) appear to be expensive even when they are not working.

Any help/tips/advice descriptions of your own experiences whether they match mine or not very much appreciated.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Re: UK - Where can you find Arcade Cabinets?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 08:28:18 am »
There are uk based arcade forums like the ukvac that may help out.

Its a pretty small thing over here but I am learning contacts all the time.

Just got to shove ya head in really lol

Forget ebay though, the only people who sell on there are trying to profit you need to buy from collectors and enthusiasts really.

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 02:37:10 pm »
There is an arcade guy in southend up near the odeon cinema, (Does unlimited games in the evening for a tenner or so)  When I last was there It looked like he had a few machines that were just gathering dust at the back. It may be worth seeing if he is getting shot of any.  Chances are they will have monitor/control issues, but the carcasses themselves looked ok.  I did mean to ask him but we were all a little tanked and got kicked out at early closing time so I forgot to ask.

Found his website address, http://www.astrocityamusements.co.uk/
there is also http://www.happidromearcade.co.uk/

Can't hurt to drop them a line and see if they have anything :)

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 09:10:05 pm »
Not all Epay is bad, For if you want it pay the price.... Jenn has bought container games before (from the UK nonthe less) and found them to be quite distressed, set up for different voltages, quite expensive (dealing with multiple modes of transport) and when they got here I couldn't sleep because Sweetie was like all worried about exotic spiders.

EssexMame

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2023, 07:43:50 am
  • Mame Weekender
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 11:10:17 am »
Thanks all. I'd come across ukvac shortly after through Google. The AstroCity in Southend is certainly worth a shout. When the spring is here I may take a trip to "Souffend", check the place out and perhaps speak to the owner...

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 12:38:09 pm »
Not all Epay is bad, For if you want it pay the price.... Jenn has bought container games before (from the UK nonthe less) and found them to be quite distressed, set up for different voltages, quite expensive (dealing with multiple modes of transport) and when they got here I couldn't sleep because Sweetie was like all worried about exotic spiders.

We dont really have any exotic spiders over here lol

We have had nasty creepy crawlies make their way over here though!!