Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: - VENDOR - Focusattack.com Arcade Parts Superstore  (Read 51026 times)

jmandmc

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2016, 05:19:07 pm
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
- VENDOR - Focusattack.com Arcade Parts Superstore
« on: March 02, 2014, 01:31:43 pm »
 Hi!

First off, I want to thank those in BYOAC for the warm welcome on a recent post in Buy Sell Trade thread.  I hope that we can serve you in the coming weeks and months. 

My name is Jaleel Beck - owner of Focusattack.com - an arcade parts retailer located in Northeastern PA.  For those familiar Street Fighter 4, the name was derived from one of the newest tactics implemented in the game.  We started in late 2009 as a humble eBay business, offering collectible merchandise such as fighting game art books, comics and figurines.  Over time, we evolved into supporting the Fightstick modding and building community, with import joystick parts, multi-console PCBs, wiring solutions, custom accessories and other unique items. The shop also embraces unique items designed by players right in that community.

Moving into 2014, we've gained a reputation for reputable service, quick communication and order fulfillment, and helpful tech support when needed. We won SRK's Tech Talk Company of the year in 2012.  Socially, we've gained 8500+ likes on Facebook, nearly 4000 Twitter followers, and over 5000 store newsletter subscribers.  On Facebook, we're thankful to receive positive testimonials from many buyers over the months since reviews were introduced. If anything, I hope this helps in trusting that our store is legitimate and aims to serve each of you well.

It's on that same level of service that I'd like to bring to home arcade, MAME and entertainment centers, growing into a resource that you can trust to get the parts and solutions you need for your dedicated arcade cabinet, supergun, and MAME cab.

To start, we're happy to become an official reseller of Suzo Happ arcade parts, and will begin offering their joysticks, buttons and cabling to the store.  In time, we will bring in IL parts. If there are specific IL parts that you are looking for, please let us know.

We're also glad to become a reseller of Ultimarc's unique arcade solutions, and will begin offering many of them stateside.

In the coming months, we hope to bring additional solutions for the arcade enthusiast - for Japanese style cabinets and American/Europe style.  Need an uncommon part from any vendor we currently use, such as a unique Sanwa, Seimitsu, or Happ Part?  We're accepting requests on a monthly basis, to which we add at least one or several of that product to the store once it arrives, categorized as a special order part.  This way, we save you and others time in ordering it again.  If it becomes a common request, we'll add it to the store as a common part.

An honest question should come up as I make an introduction here in BYOAC: Why go to focusattack.com?

• We offer reasonably competitive prices on joystick parts such as joysticks, buttons and balltops/battops. We may not have everything, but we strive to offer the best prices on what we have, and continue to grow.
  • Event-related sales, incentives to save.  Follow us to learn about events that we are part of and sales that come from it.  Look in a few weeks as we roll out a new feature that rewards you for sticking with us.
  • Domestic order fulfillment is fast. We usually ship within 1-2 business days of your order, or sometimes within 24 hours!  Internationally, we offer a service that shortens the usually weeks long time to deliver a shipment.
  • We share unique items from the community. Check our section "Made in the FGC" for a list of products made for players, by players!  We hope to extend this to arcade enthusiasts that are part of BYOAC under a new category.
  • Contests -- we often offer our products or other items as great contest prizes for players around the world!
  • Worldwide shipping: With few exceptions, we ship anywhere that USPS can deliver. We also ship to US forwarding mailboxes courtesy of BONGO.
  • Helpful, Quick Service - No one likes to wait...Have questions about your order? You can contact orders@focusattack.com and our coordinator Jenni will assist you. Any other questions? You can reach each department via our contact page or hit us up on Twitter, Facebook, or this forum thread.  Finally, you can call toll free at 1-855-95-FOCUS (855-953-6287) Monday through Friday 10a.m.- 5p.m. EST.  If no one is available at the time you call, you can leave a message.  We'll have your number on file automatically to call back.
  • On the fighting game end of things, Focusattack.com continues giving prize sponsorships to the tournaments, adding to the winner's pot, and participating in other community related events. If you have a gathering, convention or other event and would like a sponsor, please let us know and we can review.
As we gear up to serve you at BYOAC, bringing in the parts you want, moving into a new storefront and warehouse, redesigning the site later this year, and improving things all around, I hope that you'll check out focusattack.com sometime. 

Our latest store newsletter

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 05:51:49 pm by DeLuSioNal29 »
Get what you need to win.

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
Re: - VENDOR - Focusattack.com Arcade Parts Superstore
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 01:47:41 pm »
Hi again,

Following the introduction, I wanted to share some news that you might find worthwhile.

If you own a Japanese arcade cabinet, or fancy Sanwa or Seimitsu parts, you'll want to take advantage of a 15% sale going on today.  We're a proud sponsor of SoCal Regionals, a premiere fighting game tournament going on this weekend.  You can save 15% on everything in the store by using coupon code FIGHTSOCAL14.  If you forget to use the code, no worries, as you still get 10% off your order total.  The coupon code gives you an extra 5%.

We're also introducing custom cut and etching services for Fightsticks called FA Plexworks.  We've teamed up with Foe Hammer Custom Joysticks to bring professional custom etching to commercial Fightsticks such as Madcatz, Hori and others.  This weekend, we're offering a chance to win a next-gen modded Fightstick that offers Xbox One, PS4, and older consoles such as PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, PSX, Xbox, and Dreamcast.  You can enter by visiting http://bit.ly/fa-etched.  Check out our growing category of supported fightstick panels at http://bit.ly/fa-plexworks.

What else may FA Plexworks offer?  We'd like to work with members of BYOAC to introduce cabinet marquee etching services.  If you are interested in a free cut and etching, please send a message to service@focusattack.com and we'll work out the details to make this happen.

For full details of our sale and giveaway, you can check out our latest store newsletter.

To watch the action of So, drop by http://twitch.tv/leveluplive

Thanks!

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 02:01:23 pm »
To members here, I have a question.  How do you add a graphic signature?  :dunno

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:12:01 pm
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 04:05:07 pm »
Open up your profile and click on Modify Profile-Forum Profile.

At the bottom of the page is the Signature block.

Assuming you want banner.jpg on imagehost.com linked to your site:
Code: [Select]
[url=http://www.focusattack.com/][img]http://imagehost.com\banner.jpg[/img]
Linked text under the photo.[/url]

Which gives you a linked photo like this:

Linked text under the photo.

The same tags that work in the forums work in sigs.   ;D

The maximum number of characters is 400 -- my sig uses every one of them.   :o

Scott

mgb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2024, 06:18:13 pm
  • North East, US
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 04:19:04 pm »
Hey Jaleel,
 I just wanna thank welcome to the forum as I see you're somewhat newer here.

I just bought some Sanwa clear rim buttons and an MC Cthulhu from your shop a few months back.
I was very pleased with the service, price and shipping. I also shop with the other vendors present here on the forums but seeing how you're in PA and I'm in CT, I gave Focus Attack a shot
and was not disappointed.

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 07:25:51 pm »
Hi Jaleel,

Just stickied this.  Welcome to the forums.  I too have to say that I've had a pleasant experience ordering some stuff a month ago.  Everything arrived quickly and the prices were great!  I also like that you're on the East Coast, since I live near New York City.  :-)

Welcome and best of luck!

DeLuSioNaL29
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

Well Fed Games

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 07:30:46 pm
  • Delicious!
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 09:58:31 pm »
Glad to have another proven vendor stickied on the site. Needed another Seimitsu stick so I just sent out an order.  :cheers:
Completed projects: Pac bartop (Plug & Play), 30th Anniversary Pac cab (MAME), Point Blank (PS1), Centipede (arcade hardware- light restore), VS. Super Mario Bros (arcade hardware- light restore) Tetris Cocktail (SNES), Arcade Classics upright (60-in-1, then MAME), Multi-Raiden (arcade hardware). Pac Man vs.(Gamecube),

Working on: Pinball Re-theme, Homebrew arcade arena shooter

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 10:40:42 pm »
@PLI - much thanks for your help.  Will set this up tomorrow. :)

@mgb, [size=78%]@DeLuSioNal29[/size][/size][size=78%] - I really appreciate the feedback and testimonial.  I believe that will help others here feel more comfortable shopping with us.  We'll be on the East Coast for a while.[/size]

@DeLuSioNal29 - thanks much for the sticky, and good luck wish!  Gonna need it.  :lol

@Well Fed Games - really hoping that we don't get this 1 foot of snow here.  Was supposed to start at 5 and we got a dusting. :D  Would like to get started from the 200+ orders from the SoCal weekend. :P

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 08:50:38 pm »
Hi all,

Just added the Sanwa JLW-UM-8-LB-30N Joystick to the store and found that, among other things, it mounts nicely into a Neo Geo MVS cabinet. :)

You can pick one up for $23.95!

We're contacting our Suzo Happ account manager tomorrow with an initial order for joysticks, buttons and Jamma harnesses.  Among them are Happ traditional convex pushbuttons, convex Competition buttons and related joystick, 1-4 player buttons in black or white, translucent pushbuttons, pushbutton wrench and hole plugs, Happ Super Joystick, and Pac-Man/Galaga Joystick Reunion Joystick.  On the IL side, we'll have the clear and translucent color pushbuttons.  Other IL products will follow in the months to come. 

That said, if there anything that you feel we should carry right away?  I'm talking to some members of BYOAC about parts they are looking for such harnesses, connectors, and control panels for American and Japanese cabs, but I'd like to hear from you.  If you have a moment, please drop a message to feedback@focusattack.com.  If we begin carrying that product, either as a special order product or common product, we'll ship it to you and two others that make the suggestion in order received free of charge, domestic or international.

Also coming is a new feature that we hope newcomers and longtime buyers will take advantage of, because it can help them earn some great discounts and free shipping opportunities. We'll announce as soon as it's ready.

Finally, we're relaunching "Snapback", a photo contest that awards a $50 gift certificate to the owner the best looking Fightstick or Arcade Cabinet.  We award $250 to the top 2 winners at end of this year.  Given the quality of work seen on BOYAC cabs both MAME and restored, I hope you'll enter for a chance to win.

Thanks for the support!

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:02:22 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 11:10:59 pm »
I'd love to see colored dustwashers for purchase.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

mgb

• Offline Offline
  • North East, US
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 06:06:37 pm »
I like that you will carry happ / il stuff. I know your site is a bit geared toward Japanese parts and fight sticks, which is cool but its also good to have another source for American traditional parts.

I gotta go get some control panel pics into the contest.

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 06:31:40 pm »
I'd love to see colored dustwashers for purchase.

@yotsuya - We used to have Qanba, but the colors were limited -- white was the safest color to matching setups, if that tells you anything. :P  MadCatz - at the moment - is the only carrier of dustwashers that match the Sanwa color lineup, as they had them made for their TE accessory line

We'll keep tabs on developments for solid color dustwashers.  There are Sanwa translucent OBSC and Seimitsu solid and translucent dustwashers and shafts available for LS-58 now.  Was there another brand of joystick that you were looking for dustwashers?

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 06:38:06 pm »
I like that you will carry happ / il stuff. I know your site is a bit geared toward Japanese parts and fight sticks, which is cool but its also good to have another source for American traditional parts.

We spoke to our Happ account manager, and will put in an order within a week.  This will begin our integration of American parts at FA.  Following that, we'll introduce some solutions from Ultimarc, including Gold Leaf pushbuttons.  We're also looking to pick up LED buttons for those who are looking for a simple lighting solution.  Over time, we'll begin rounding out our LED choices.  I know that is lacking at our store right now.

There are many other components that are useful to arcade cabinet owners, and I've enlisted help from a few forum members to ID more of them.  That said, I'm always looking for any suggestions you and others might have.

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 07:19:48 pm »

We spoke to our Happ account manager, and will put in an order within a week.  This will begin our integration of American parts at FA.  Following that, we'll introduce some solutions from Ultimarc, including Gold Leaf pushbuttons.  We're also looking to pick up LED buttons for those who are looking for a simple lighting solution.  Over time, we'll begin rounding out our LED choices.  I know that is lacking at our store right now.

There are many other components that are useful to arcade cabinet owners, and I've enlisted help from a few forum members to ID more of them.  That said, I'm always looking for any suggestions you and others might have.

Welcome to the forum.  Glad to hear you will be offering Ultimarc products.   :applaud:

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 12:01:07 am »
Welcome to the forum.  Glad to hear you will be offering Ultimarc products.   :applaud:

I appreciate it @wp34.  We're glad to have the opportunity.

I wanted to comment on something.  I've spent most of my time working with Fightsticks, and to some extent arcade cabinets is a brave and challenging new experience.  I own a Neo Geo MVS 4 slot cab.  I don't pretend to know everything about it, but am learning every day. 

There are some that will make certain to correct something I say about a product, and that is fine.  For what I don't know, I will seek information and better understand it.  Someone on another board made the comment that I used the word "JAMMA" to represent a cabinet instead of the cable in our JLW product description.  Certainly worth correcting, as it was a mistake in wording when I wrote it. 

I realize that other businesses are also here and might take the opportunity to correct me on topics as well.  It might be seen as an opportunity to discredit.  Nonetheless, I welcome them to do so if I'm not saying something that is correct.  I won't pretend to know everything about a component, but as I did with Fightsticks, will seek help to understand, and gain experience. 

Right now, I'm hoping that you'll find our customer service and growing selection is worthwhile to check us out.  We've learned over time that service is most important.  It's why FA still exists since 2010.  There are just as many people that are trying to learn about Fightsticks and arcade cabinets as there are those who already have the experience.  For us good service means if we don't know the answer, we'll try to get it for you, and add that answer to our support knowledgebase so others can get that answer quickly.  It also means that if we can hire someone from BYOAC with the technical skills to help with our free tech support system, we'll try to do that as well.

Thanks!

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 08:00:17 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 07:50:39 am »
I've been lurking your shop for a good while, glad to see you're getting active here!  Welcome!

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 10:01:35 am »
I've been lurking your shop for a good while, glad to see you're getting active here!  Welcome!

Thanks!  I appreciate it -- understandably lurking is a what many might do if the parts they want aren't available at our store.  I'm hoping to rectify that in the coming weeks and months.  We may not have everything for a while, but will try to ID what is needed or desired by talking with you and others.  Again as suggestions come in by email or contacting us on Facebook or Twitter, if we get that product in, we'll ship one to at least 3 persons that made the suggestion in order received, free of charge. :)

Nephasth

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 10:02:58 am »
Just curious... What benefit is there in ordering Ultimarc products from you instead of straight from Ultimarc?

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 10:25:42 am »
Just a heads up, I'm not a big fan of vendor fights, so I hope we can all co-exist. There's plenty of hobbyiest cash to go around.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:47:56 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 10:32:47 am »
Nothing says "welcome to BYOAC" like a discount code.

:cheers:

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 12:39:31 pm »
Hey welcome to this forum. I'm a fan of Focusattack, and have bought a bunch of items from you for my fight-sticks in the past.  Nice to see you guys supporting more non-japanese parts now.  :cheers:

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 02:44:46 pm »
Just curious... What benefit is there in ordering Ultimarc products from you instead of straight from Ultimarc?
For me, it would be to save on shipping.  If I order Sanwa parts it would be great to grab an i-pac and everything I need at one store.
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 07:50:00 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  Glad to hear you will be offering Ultimarc products. 

Apreciated, wp34.  I spoke to Andy the other day to confirm Golf Leaf buttons.  He’s getting a new shipment of Black GL buttons, so we’ll hold off until he can get those. 

Nothing says "welcome to BYOAC" like a discount code.

Will a 6-Hour 15% off storewide sale do near end of March? 

I think we can work something out in the near future, especially as we roll out Happ and Ultimarc parts.  Other groups of new parts will have weekend sales as well.

I think that DeLuSioNal29 said it, though it really depends on location.  If you live in the UK or surrounding countries, it might prove worthwhile to order direct from Ultimarc.  If you live in the domestic US, North or South America, or on on the western hemisphere, you might it easier to order through us.  We may also have some parts that you need depending on your cab setup.

Just a heads up, I'm not a big fan of vendor fights, so I hope we can all co-exist. There's plenty of hobbyiest cash to go around.

I don’t like them either, and I’m not about to start them.  For those that might, I think here isn’t the place where it will be tolerated, at least not for long.  A lot older, more experienced people frequent this board than on SRK, I think.

And as you said, there is plenty of funds to go around.  Everyone has their favorite store, either from a great experience with them, or vast selection of parts in stock that people need.  Over time, I hope that we can accommodate both.

Hey welcome to this forum. I'm a fan of Focusattack, and have bought a bunch of items from you for my fight-sticks in the past.  Nice to see you guys supporting more non-japanese parts now.

Hey @opt2not - I appreciate the welcome.  We have what I hope are worthwhile initiatives to serve the dedicated and MAME arcade community, while still supporting fighting games and Fightsticks.  We’re planning to redesign the website to better represent this.

mgb

• Offline Offline
  • North East, US
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 09:57:43 pm »
I agree with Delusional, buying Ultimarc parts from FA will be better shipping rates for many of us.
Now shipping times are gonna be hard to beat though. Somehow I get parts from Andy in like 2 days.
I'm really looking forward to this change that FA is going through and your attitude seems really good cool.
your correct too, this forum is a very different place than SRK.

jmike

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 26, 2023, 05:14:03 am
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 10:06:34 pm »
 :applaud:   :applaud:

Welcome Jmandmc,
I've been shopping at Focus Attack since June 2012, got my first set of PS360 PCBs from you.
Never had a problem with any orders big or small. Glad to have you aboard here.
Can't wait to see the changes to your site.

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 12:08:38 am »

I agree with Delusional, buying Ultimarc parts from FA will be better shipping rates for many of us.Now shipping times are gonna be hard to beat though. Somehow I get parts from Andy in like 2 days.I'm really looking forward to this change that FA is going through and your attitude seems really good cool.your correct too, this forum is a very different place than SRK.

If you are living in the US and get parts from Ultimarc from the UK in two days, that is nothing short of amazing.  :notworthy:  I need to find out what carrier Andy uses. lol

For the most part, I hope others will find that a US distributor for Ultimarc is helpful for them. 

On the topic of transitions, I've received much help from some in the forums to better understand the kinds of cables, harnesses, video converters, and other essential parts that are needed or wanted.  We'll gradually add each of them in sets based on anticipated demand.  Some have offered wiring and other solutions that are designed by themselves, and that's awesome.

I like SRK forums, though I miss seeing some of the older folks that used to be in there.  It's a much different place than it was a few years ago.

:applaud:   :applaud:

Welcome Jmandmc,
I've been shopping at Focus Attack since June 2012, got my first set of PS360 PCBs from you.
Never had a problem with any orders big or small. Glad to have you aboard here.
Can't wait to see the changes to your site.

Very glad to meet you, jmike.  :laugh:  Knowing someone that bought the original PS360 brings back memories -- some rough times when we took pre-orders for a restock, and Akishop was out of them for over a year. ::)  On that, I'm thankful for your support from back in the day until now.  Some good things are upcoming, I think.  We have a bit more space to hold inventory, and made some good connections to help along, so hoping this year is fruitful. 

Once new Happ and Ultimarc parts are in and we're set up, we'll have a sale and giveaway!  In the meantime, look for our third "Attack on Wake Up" 15% off sale by end of March, as we take the store down temporarily to move into the new warehouse/storefront.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:37:53 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 09:16:38 am »
I've ordered from Andy at Ultimarc and gotten my parts in 2 days, as well.  No clue how he does it.

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 09:36:49 am »
@HaRuMaN, @mbg - are you both Domestic USA?

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:37:53 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2014, 09:50:14 am »

Yes

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:47:56 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2014, 09:51:50 am »
Yes, he lives close to a shipping hub.  Open up a shop in St. Louis and you'll experience the same.

Where's that discount code?

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2014, 10:00:54 am »
Yes, he lives close to a shipping hub.  Open up a shop in St. Louis and you'll experience the same.

Where's that discount code?

That may explain it - didn't realize the shipping there was so efficient. 

We ran a 3 day sale last weekend, and another one coming at end of month.  I'd like to introduce a introductory coupon code for members here as soon as we get the Happ and Ultimarc parts in stock. 

We have another feature coming that will allow you to get special product and shipping discounts by continuing to shop with us.   Once that is available, we'll announce it here.

Thanks!

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2014, 10:47:32 am »
If you make the discount code STFUPBJ, I will buy something guaranteed.  :cheers:

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2014, 10:58:59 am »
Hi all,

Talked to Andy - it's quite true that UK positioning and no VAT makes it advantageous to ship from Ultimarc.  I've also learned some things that were not known before, and talking with Andy to sort them out.  Thanks!

@yotsuya - ^_^;;

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2014, 11:43:17 am »
If you make the discount code STFUPBJ, I will buy something guaranteed.  :cheers:

me too.  STFUX2 is also socially acceptable.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Hoopz

• Don't brand me a troublemaker!
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2024, 02:36:26 pm
  • Intellivision Rocks!
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2014, 12:18:50 pm »
me too.  STFUX2 is also socially acceptable.
Hmmm, may have found my next password with that one....

mgb

• Offline Offline
  • North East, US
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2014, 12:48:23 pm »

Yeah, I'm in CT. I believe Andy uses DHL.
I get parts from him quick but shipping is a little more.
I always get parts from Bob Roberts in 2 days too but he's in LA. so it's not as amazing.

Will you be carrying the cheapie $10 jamma harnesses. I prefer them over the more expensive routed ones you carry

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2014, 02:24:31 pm »

I always get parts from Bob Roberts in 2 days too but he's in LA. so it's not as amazing.

Will you be carrying the cheapie $10 jamma harnesses. I prefer them over the more expensive routed ones you carry

We're looking into different JAMMA harness solutions.  We haven't carried them yet, however.  Can you refer me to what product you are mentioning?

mgb

• Offline Offline
  • North East, US
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2014, 03:34:56 pm »

We're looking into different JAMMA harness solutions.  We haven't carried them yet, however.  Can you refer me to what product you are mentioning?

These http://www.focusattack.com/custom-color-joystick-harness/
I usually buy the $10 jamma harness from Jammaboards.com and hack it for my needs.
I'm perfectly capable of making my own harnesses but for $10 or so, I prefer this way.

jmandmc

• Offline Offline
  • focusattack.com
    • Focus Attack LLC
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2014, 03:54:04 pm »

These http://www.focusattack.com/custom-color-joystick-harness/
I usually buy the $10 jamma harness from Jammaboards.com and hack it for my needs.
I'm perfectly capable of making my own harnesses but for $10 or so, I prefer this way.

I see now.  These are made mainly for fightstick customization, as opposed to JAMMA cabling.  We do sell individual wiring of .110 and .187 sizes with QCDs, but when we offer JAMMA harnesses, we would start with Suzo Happ's and go from there.

We're working with a few people to create an essentials list of items that are worthwhile to offer at the store - products that you may find worthwhile to have.   I'm always up to suggestions for unique or common items that you believe that we should carry. :D

roknrol

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 01, 2023, 05:04:35 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2014, 10:48:43 am »
My very first BYOAC parts order was placed through Focus Attack last fall. They had some hard-to-find (domestically) parts I wanted and their shipping costs were very reasonable. Everything arrived quickly and well boxed. I remember wondering at the time why FA wasn't a featured vendor (or much discussed at the time) on this forum, but I'm glad for the positive experience and I'm glad you're announcing your presence!

I'm sure these are on your radar, but the Ultimarc parts I'd love to see you carry are J-Stik (Sanwa JLW-TM-8), I-PAC2, and PACLED64.

Best of luck as your grow your store!