Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MAWS source code available UPDATE: Now resurrected in java  (Read 41255 times)

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:47:02 pm
Re: MAWS source code available
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2013, 06:46:25 pm »
How hard would it be to add a back button, being that this isn't running in a browser?
It's nice to go back to the list of games after looking at one from the list.

ids

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2023, 05:43:28 pm
  • Fighter Captured
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2013, 07:10:11 pm »
Back button is very high on the to-do list - especially with hyperlinks now implemented...

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 05, 2017, 10:20:56 am
  • I want my own arcade controls!
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2013, 07:42:37 pm »
OK, thanks.  I had implemented it to swap the width/height for verticals, to show the res as it would appear to player, but will revert - just display as-is in mame.xml.  Perhaps a tooltip or something so it's made clear....

Thank you.

You were right.  Here is a link to a vertical game:

MAWS Wayback Machine

ids

• Offline Offline
  • Fighter Captured
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2013, 08:01:51 pm »
Hmm.  We don't need to reproduce MAWS verbatim - so, what is the preferred behaviour?  Or is it best to just make it configurable?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 08:54:56 pm by ids »

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2013, 09:17:09 pm »
My vote is for 320x240 to be the same regardless of which way the monitor is oriented.
Would be nice to hear more people chime in.

I just thought of another function that would be awesome if it could be added.
The ability to output a text file of the rom names in the list generated, preferably with one per line.
For my own purposes, I'd rather it just contain the rom names and nothing else.

Here is where I'm going with this.......
I'm setting up HLSL and want to use the same settings for all 320x240 games.
So I fire up MAWS2 and generate a list of all the games with that resolution, which is exported to a text file.
Now I can make a batch file that will copy and rename a generic .ini file with my preferred HLSL settings to all those rom names.
(then those go in MAME's ini folder and I have HLSL bliss for all games of that resolution)

Same thing could be done for copying roms to a different folder, or copying only CHDs of working games.

EDIT: ah, as it stands I can copy and paste the results table into a spreadsheet and then delete the columns I don't want.  :)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 09:31:38 pm by BadMouth »

8BitMonk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2023, 05:27:00 pm
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2013, 09:59:20 am »
Since this is evolving from a simple browser into an app I have a couple of suggestions:

• The ability to output filtered lists to appropriately formatted xml for popular frontends. See ROMLister for an example, it currently does this.
  • The ability to add, save, filter by and share a few custom meta data fields. With this ability one could put together a custom list of games and share them. For example, say I wanted to group all of the games I deemed super hero/comic book related together. With custom meta data I could go through and flag the applicable games, output the list and share with others. These could be non-existing pseudo genre's like my super hero example, top ten lists or anything else that you can't filter by based on the existing data.
Games: Asteroids Deluxe | Atomiswave | Centipede | Championship Sprint | Defender | Donkey Kong | Dig Dug | Frogger | Ikari Warriors | Missile Command | Pac-Man | Pole Position | Robotron | Spy Hunter | Tempest | Super Mario Strikers

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2013, 10:15:00 am »
Did some testing with the last version and it does everything I wanted (except for the name search not working).
 :applaud:

By copying and pasting the table into excel, deleting unwanted columns, then pasting that to word, I'm able to accomplish what I wanted in about 20 seconds.  Beats making lists by hand.

What is the deal with the rom search?  Is more of a PITA because you're searching for something that's not uniform and already in the database?
I think we also need a game name search field.

One other nitpicky thing.  The default window dimensions extend below my monitor viewing area on both my home and work computer. 
If I maximize the window all is good, but it would be nice if I could grab the lower corner of the window and resize it.  I can't because it's off the bottom of the screen.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2013, 10:55:45 am »
  • The ability to output filtered lists to appropriately formatted xml for popular frontends. See ROMLister for an example, it currently does this.

I'm not sure that this would be as good as it sounds.
A big feature of Romlister is the ability to exclude things like mechanical games, fruit machine, or adult games.
That's a departure from how this app is works.  The option for a NOT argument would have to be added.

I'd like to see this app stick to being what MAWS was and what everything else falls short of; a database with simple to use and powerful search functions.

ids

• Offline Offline
  • Fighter Captured
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2013, 11:41:41 am »
Did some testing with the last version and it does everything I wanted (except for the name search not working).
 :applaud:
Thanks, happy to hear it's already of some use.  I've still got a lot of work to do to make it a stable, user friendly app.  And then to make a web version afterwards.  But, even in its current state, I'm finding it fun to play with  ;D

Quote from: BadMouth
What is the deal with the rom search?  Is more of a PITA because you're searching for something that's not uniform and already in the database?
I think we also need a game name search field.

Yeah, sorry, it's work in progress.  There are a few search fields that need support added.  In this particular case, freeform text doesn't follow the pattern laid out by all those drop-lists, and needs special handling.  As there is no real database right now, I can't just paste together some SQL (or the like) to make it happen easily.  I'm also not sure what fields to search for the given text.

I'm also working on improved configurability (such as how to handle "resolution" and then update existing UI components if you change the setting, which fields to show in a search result table, etc).  And I'm starting to add images - I really miss those, need me my screen shots :)  Plus, I've roughed in the ability to run more flexible searches.  Instead of just "it must match all criteria below" I'm working on the ability to AND and OR anything together, with multiple selections.  So you could, for example, request "any game published after 1983, OR made by any of Atari, Namco, Konami OR more than two players with stereo sound".  Then, you can save the search criteria and give it a name.

Quote from: BadMouth
One other nitpicky thing.  The default window dimensions extend below my monitor viewing area on both my home and work computer. 
If I maximize the window all is good, but it would be nice if I could grab the lower corner of the window and resize it.  I can't because it's off the bottom of the screen.

Sorry, I guess I set default dimensions to make good use of the monitor I use (1920x1200) - easy fix - I'll make it more dynamic based on current screen res.  Please don't hesitate to pick nits - it's the only way to make it better.  Not to mention, I'm coding it on my mac, and haven't seen it run anywhere else, so if something looks odd, or behaves funny, I'd love to hear about it.  (It's Java, so yes, it will run on your linux box, your rack mount AIX box, and maybe even your cell phone)

...The ability to output a text file of the rom names in the list generated, preferably with one per line...

...The ability to output filtered lists ...

Sounds like various forms of output are wanted.  How about an "export" feature - pick the output format (csv, plain text, various front-end formats), and depending on target format, I can provide a means to select which fields will be written out (n/a for front-ends I assume).  That should cover a lot of bases I think.  I don't want to infringe upon the strengths of other great apps out there, and in the short term will focus primarily on the search aspects, which is, I think, what we are all missing in the absence of MAWS.  However, I can imagine there are things one may want to do with the results of a search/filter, and will build up my to-do list around that as well.

Quote from: 8BitMonk
...custom meta data fields...

Custom meta-data - great idea.  I can see providing a means to define these (give the field a name), include it in the deluxe search, etc.

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2013, 03:42:33 pm »
Good to know it may be possible to include metadata and output lists. Though it's outside your initial scope of just replacing MAWS I think it could really set this apart and make it more useful than any existing options.

For reference you may want also take a look at:
Romlister: http://www.waste.org/~winkles/ROMLister/
IV Play - Mame browser/launcher but can also search and display much of the info from the mame xml data for each rom http://www.mameui.info/
Don's Hyperspin Tools - Good list sorting, management, output app. http://honerbrink.com/?page_id=14

Romlister already can sort and output but it's limited criteria, not very user friendly or robust filtering especially when compared to MAWS. IV Play is primarily a UI browser, no output but you can see and search a lot of the mame criteria. Don's is geared towards one frontend and doesn't have as robust of filtering, game information etc. None have the ability for custom metadata creation, filtering, sharing.

I'd be happy to help test, I'm a fellow Mac user. I could help with UI skinning as well just PM me.
Games: Asteroids Deluxe | Atomiswave | Centipede | Championship Sprint | Defender | Donkey Kong | Dig Dug | Frogger | Ikari Warriors | Missile Command | Pac-Man | Pole Position | Robotron | Spy Hunter | Tempest | Super Mario Strikers

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2013, 10:27:30 am »
You might also want to check out my ControlsDat application.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2013, 11:48:28 am »
Another little oddball request while I'm thinking about it:

The Search button is the same color and only slightly larger than the drop down menus just above it.
I find myself accidentally clicking the drop-down box above it sometimes when I mean to click search.
From a stupid end-user™ point of view, it would be nice if the search button were a different color.

EDIT: Looking at it again, I don't think it's so much that it looks like the drop down menu, it's that it's not very tall and when the window is maximized, it's right up against the start menu and quicklaunch icons in windows, which I'm trying not to accidentally hit.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 02:43:17 pm by BadMouth »

8BitMonk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2013, 03:43:31 pm »
Not sure ids knew the can of worms he was opening.  ;D

ids

• Offline Offline
  • Fighter Captured
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2013, 04:02:23 pm »
Bring it on!  ;D

I've fixed the search button appearance, took a quick look at ControlsDat, ROMLister, etc, stole colors.ini from LEDBlinky, making good headway on my previously posted list of to-do's, etc

If only I had more time, I'd get more done.  I can see how a web version would be good - save everyone the hassle of locating and downloaded all those files.   Well, all in due time....

NOP

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 19, 2017, 08:22:27 pm
  • I stole my avatar.
    • winterMAME
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2013, 07:51:30 pm »
As the author of romlister, I welcome my new list generating and filtering sorting overlord!
RL is open source- if there is anything in there that can be of assistance, please take it and run with it.  I don't mind a bit.

ids

• Offline Offline
  • Fighter Captured
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2013, 08:44:11 pm »
Thanks NOP - very kind.  I'm not looking to replace your app or any other - well, except MAWS.  Even that is going to take a fair bit of work.

:cheers:

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2013, 10:31:29 pm »
More nitpicking  :angel:

When clicking on a game, it doesn't always take me to the top of the game info screen. Sometimes the game info screen is already scrolled halfway down.
It seems to be specific to certain games.  Does it every time and is scrolled down the same amount every time.  Might have to do with the amount of info in one of the fields on the game screen.  examples: Beatmania 7th Mix, Mahjong Gal

A "clear all" or reset button would be nice.
I found myself accidentally leaving info in some fields when doing a new search and it's a PITA to scroll back up to "any" for each one separately.

ids

• Offline Offline
  • Fighter Captured
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2013, 10:41:51 pm »
I noticed the scrolling problem but didn't realize it was consistent for some games - thanks, that will help with troubleshooting

Reset is now on the to-do list.  I was also thinking of adding some visual indicator (colour or something) to highlight fields that have a selection.

I just added another feature: hold control before clicking one of those "hyperlink" fields, and it adds it to the search criteria on the left, so you can build up the filtering as you click through. (added after last build I sent you, so you dont have it right now).

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2013, 06:13:47 am »
stole colors.ini from LEDBlinky

I created colors.ini so feel free to use it ;)

ids

• Offline Offline
  • Fighter Captured
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2013, 09:49:36 am »
Thanks Headkaze!  I have no idea how to integrate it, but it seems to fit with the idea of inhaling as much info as possible.

At some point soon I'll find a place to host downloads of the app.  It's very early and quite rough and needs you to download all the dat's and info's, and soon, images as well.  But, it's a start.  And, when I'm less ashamed of the code, I'll open source it.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2013, 03:21:17 pm »
Buttons look great.  Search is working perfect.
As far as UI and core functionality, I can't think of anything else to criticize.

Anything else I can think of at the moment is already in the pipeline:
-windowed mode adjusts to monitor resolution
-pretty pictures to go with the info
-ability to select multiple items from one drop-down menu

ids

• Offline Offline
  • Fighter Captured
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2013, 03:47:57 pm »
I though I fixed screen size, hmmm....I'll take another look

it supports snap.zip right now, so if you drop that in the common dir, you'll get snaps.
It also supports the MAMU icons.zip and the (not sure who to credit) icons.0143.zip I found somewhere.  Again, drop those in common dir.
In all cases it will load parent image if there isn't one associated directly to the clone

I've started adding tooltips to things - hover over something to see what it does

Got all search criteria working, finally

When you pick something from the search result list and jump into the detail screen, the search result and sort order is remembered.  You can use the next/prev btns (right side of toolbar) to scroll through the details screens based on those search results. History will track all of this, allowing you to go back/fwd.  As mentioned earlier, you can also ctl-click a "hyperlink" to add it to the search criteria, so you can build up queries by clicking thru things.

multi-select is likely the next thing to get done - just fixing up a few issues first

latest screenshot attached

ids

• Offline Offline
  • Fighter Captured
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2013, 04:45:00 pm »
fwiw, configurability in place...to some extent - screensnaps attached

I think it's reached a point of general usability - with some performance and other caveats relevant to early access software.  It takes a bit of work to setup, and some patience during start-up as it loads all the xml/ini/dat files.  Most recent build is at http://ids.ca/mame/maws2.zip.

If you download it, please post comments, bugs, etc here.  It'll help motivate me to keep going.

thx

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2013, 08:14:15 pm »
Awesome. I'll check if out this weekend and post any findings. Thanks!  :cheers:

ids

• Offline Offline
  • Fighter Captured
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2013, 09:30:49 pm »
Thanks opt2not - eager for any form of feedback

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2013, 08:47:39 am »
I though I fixed screen size, hmmm....I'll take another look

It just dawned on me what the issue is.
window is the same height as the screen, but the search and reset buttons are behind the windows taskbar.
With windows 7 if you try to move the window up past the top of the screen to be able to grab the bottom corner, windows maximizes it.
I was able to grab it at the top and resize it, but if it were say 5% shorter it would be useable when it opens.

CHD Required and Controls tabs don't have any options other than "any'
I could have sworn they were working in the first version.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:49:22 am by BadMouth »

ids

• Offline Offline
  • Fighter Captured
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2013, 11:00:27 am »
New version uploaded to the the same URL

Includes support for newest mame.xml (<port...<analog...), as well as the beginning of multiple select

I had just noticed last night that  "contols" search was not wired in.  The CHD one appears to be coded, so that's a surprise.  I'll fix those next.

ids

• Offline Offline
  • Fighter Captured
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2013, 03:26:49 pm »
Fixed CHD search and a few other things - available at same url

ids

• Offline Offline
  • Fighter Captured
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2013, 05:46:58 pm »
Fixed search for Control types and a few other things - updated at same URL

drventure

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2023, 02:23:57 pm
  • Laser Death Ray Bargain Bin! Make me an offer!
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2013, 06:02:56 pm »
Hey IDS

I went back through the thread and couldn't find the link to what you've been working on. Is it a website or a desktop app?

The screenshots look great. Nice job!  :applaud:

ids

• Offline Offline
  • Fighter Captured
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2013, 06:18:18 pm »
Yeah, sorry, it's hard to spot:

Most recent build is at http://ids.ca/mame/maws2.zip.

I've just fixed an annoying bug related to scrolling detail screens - new build to be posted in 3...2....

*Edit: ...1..0... posted
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 06:20:19 pm by ids »

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2013, 06:37:06 pm »
Bah, I can't test it. I pulled out my old macbook pro that I was hanging onto for a arcade build, but it turns out the screen is dead and not booting up.  Sorry man.
I'll wait for the windows build ;)

ids

• Offline Offline
  • Fighter Captured
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2013, 06:39:45 pm »
It's Java, will run anywhere.  I've run it briefly on Windoze myself.
For the Linux fans out there, it should run on Linux too.  However, since it is currently a pig, it may not fare well on an r-pi or other small devices.  Maybe one day.

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2013, 06:40:20 pm »
ahhhhh, ok I'm an idiot. :lol

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2013, 08:12:31 pm »
Ok, sorry for that mental brain-lapse.

I was able to get it installed, with all the additional files put into the right directory. It loaded up, no problems!  :applaud:
Let me say, great job ids, its really awesome to have maws back looking like it's original form! I appreciate your hard work so far.

Here are a few things I've found using it, some UI stuff, and a few wish-list items. I'll continue to use it and submit feedback:

ISSUE/BUGS:
Version: 1.0?  pre-alpha - 11/10/2013

• Issue: Scrolling speed with mouse-scroll wheel is not taking OS's mouse settings into account. Too slow.
    Expected: Should use the speed setting of the OS's mouse (x lines per scroll setting)
    How-to repro:
    1. Open maws2 application
    2. place mouse cursor in either the search side, or details side (when scroll bars are present)
    3. use mouse scroll wheel
    4. scrolling shows to be slow, looks like a 1-line at a time speed

• Issue: history.dat doesn't seem to be used/working
    Expected: There is a bunch of additional information history.dat has. this info should show up for each rom under the "History" header in the details page
    How-to repro:
    1. Place history.dat in root directory of application
    2. Open maws2 application
    3. search for any game, and bring up it's details page
    4. scroll down the details page till you see the History header
    5. notice no information for any game is showing up in the History section

• Issue: initial program loading/splash screen needed. Hard to tell if it's loading up or not.
    Expected: Having a loading or splash-screen screen show up (helps users not to wonder if it's running or not)
    How-to repro:
    1. Open maws2 application
    2. Wait and notice no loading info shows up

WISH LIST:
1. Mouse button usage, forward and back buttons - it would be nice to have the ability to use your mouse buttons for traversing forward and back in your history
2. Ability to hit Enter when your cursor is in the text fields, in the search screen to initiate search
3. Tab-based details pages. Ability to open new tabs when viewing game details
4. Select-able text in the details pages, for copy and paste
5. Hyperlinks to games listed under "recommended games" in the info details (this one might be tougher)

Hope you don't take offense by this, just wanted to put my 2 cents in, since I've been fairly quiet so far with the contribution of info.
I realize you're still plugging away, so I figured I'd get these things out in the open and see what you think.

:cheers:

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2013, 09:34:58 pm »
Mind you, some of these point would be applicable if it were a standalone application, but if the end goal is to be browser-based then those points aren't very valid.

ids

• Offline Offline
  • Fighter Captured
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2013, 10:38:16 pm »
opt2not, thanks for all the great ideas and the details.  Truly appreciated.  Knowing what others like/dislike/want, etc helps focus my efforts.

As you can see, I've slacked a lot on a number of things, such as splash screen, general look and feel, usability and such.  This was all in order to get some basic functionality going - get a "maws" as quick as possible.  So, the niceties suffer at first.

Splash screen is a nice to have which I've been thinking about, so that's on the to-do list.  Other things you mention are now on the list as well, eg mouse fwd/back, etc.

I'll look into the scroll wheel speed thing as well.  I've seen such issues in the past, but don't recall the resolution.

History.dat should work.  Are there any error messages in the cmd window?  I don't pull info from parents for this one, and some clones are without entries, could that be the issue?

Tabbed detail screens could be cool.  I'll have to think of a good way to make that work - what trigger to open one, how it impacts history, etc.

Selectable text - done.  It'll be available in the next build.

Hyperlinking games in info - I was planning to format and pretty this stuff up, so this fits very well.  I already have some formatting code in another project, just gotta get off my lazy ass and paste it in :)

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:49:02 pm by ids »

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2013, 11:06:01 pm »
Splash screen is a nice to have which I've been thinking about, so that's on the to-do list.  Other things you mention are now on the list as well, eg mouse fwd/back, etc.

Yeah, it doesn't have to be anythings special. I know you're still working on a name for this thing, but just an image with text would do for now.
As for a name, how about MAWS'er?  I am actually kinda stumped for names...

History.dat should work.  Are there any error messages in the cmd window?  I don't pull info from parents for this one, and some clones are without entries, could that be the issue?
Just double checked my dat file, and it looks I had a really old version. So that's why a lot of them weren't showing up. Got a newer version and it shows up now. FIXED! :)

Tabbed detail screens could be cool.  I'll have to think of a good way to make that work - what trigger to open one, how it impacts history, etc.
Perhaps treating each tab as it's own, with it's own history is fine. Most browsers do that for short-term history on each tab.
As for initiating it...middle-mouse button?  or perhaps right-click on the item --> open in new tab? 
 :dunno

Selectable text - done.  It'll be available in the next build.

Hyperlinking games in info - I was planning to format and pretty this stuff up, so this fits very well.  I already have some formatting code in another project, just gotta get off my lazy ass and paste it in :)

Thanks
No, thank YOUUUUUU!  :cheers:

edit: btw, I get a bunch of error spew when running in the cmd prompt:
Code: [Select]
No such attribute 'dispose' on ca.ids.mame.model.Rom
While mapping XML attributes into Java: Cannot find a property in class ca.ids.m
ame.model.Rom for attribute 'dispose'.  This attribute will be ignored.
Any ideas?

ids

• Offline Offline
  • Fighter Captured
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2013, 11:39:28 pm »
As to dat's and ini's and all that, I've only tested with recent files, so there could be problems with older ones - I don't know what they'd look like, so I can't build in compatibility, etc.

I do recognize the XML error - or rather its cause.  Somewhere in your mame.xml is a <rom...> entity that has the attribute "dispose".  This attribute is unknown to me, and therefore I've got nowhere to put it.  The XML parsing library is expressing it's unhappiness with this :)  As the message says, the attribute will be ignored, so the app should work just fine.  I've tried mame 147 and 151 xml's without seeing this error.  Perhaps you've got an older version or something?

If you see any other kinds of errors, please let me know.  If I should be supporting older versions of files, I can do so easily enough, I'd just need a sample, or some info on the format, or something.

Longer term, I'd prefer to shove all that data in a database, then app startup will take no time at all.  I tried "java serialization" but found the time to de-serialize was not significantly different from parsing the xml/dat/ini files - surprisingly.

Thanks  :cheers:

RoyalScam

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 26, 2018, 05:18:41 pm
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2013, 10:36:29 am »
ids Thank You so much!

I managed to get this running even though I haven't played with java from a command line for a very long time.  Hardest part for me was getting my PATH set up correctly, it's been waaaayy too long, brain cells die, or I've just become lazy.  Like you mentioned, startup took a bit of waiting, but once it was up and running it went very well.  I don't quite understand the buttons down the left side of the screen.  That is, I get the down arrow expands the menu options, so that you might select more than one  ie. trackball AND Joystick.  But I haven't figured out what the wiFi- three bars thingy next to it does.  At any rate, this does work like MAWS, and I especially like the current title bar Maws2 the resurrection, although I would have preferred "MAWS 2 Electric Bugaloo", that's just me.  Also, and perhaps my memory is faded, I thought there was a way to search either 4 way or 8 way joysticks.  I'm often wrong.  You've done so much, and I hate to ask, but I'm going to ;) I've always wanted a way to print out or at least copy my search results so that I could  create a gamelist for adding games to my cab or front end. If it's not easily done, no worries, having MAWS back is more than enough!
Thank You Again!

Scam

BTW Win7 Home Premium 64 bit, Athlon 64 x2 4400+ 2.31 Ghz 4.0 GB