Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Los Angeles/Southern CA 2013 Q1 or 2  (Read 4182 times)

sshaw10

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2021, 12:51:40 am
  • Oops!
Los Angeles/Southern CA 2013 Q1 or 2
« on: November 25, 2012, 02:15:23 am »
Getting ramped up to build a cabinet similar to Knievel's neon masterpiece.  Lot of old stuff here but some new, if anyone wants to meet up in the LA area post and I'll check in a see how many are interested.  Meet somewhere and reminisce about arcades of the past and making new cabs.  Anyone remember Westworld in Westwood, CA?  That and the arcade at UCLA were my stomping ground.  Now it's some stuipd coffee place or some nonsense.  God I'm old.  Good luck to anyone with new projects. 

dre-w

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 28, 2015, 10:45:17 am
  • The Breakfast Club
    • FB... b/c my wife made me do it
Re: Los Angeles/Southern CA 2013 Q1 or 2
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 03:51:15 pm »
UCLA arcade was sick!  Went there one time, sad to hear it's gone now.  I frequent LA on the weekends, mostly for Amoeba records music store.  I don't go as much as I used to though, everything I liked out there is disappearing.  China town had a cool weapons store, Tokyo town had 2 anime stores (think it was called the Jungle) and 2 retro vg stores all right next to each other.. and there used to be a secret arcade at the top of this building called Japan Arcade but I'm sure that place is gone too.. I think I still have some pics of it, let me check..
These machines will be the death of me

dre-w

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 28, 2015, 10:45:17 am
  • The Breakfast Club
    • FB... b/c my wife made me do it
Re: Los Angeles/Southern CA 2013 Q1 or 2
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 11:53:26 am »
These machines will be the death of me